10.06.2011

Mischa Milestone

Almost every day, Dale and I at some point in our evening stop and say to each other: "I can't believe we have a baby!" We have made up so many songs to accompany the little things we do with her throughout the day. We need to make a record of them so she doesn't forget!

(Mischabebebebebe, Mischatotsbebe, How was your day/sleep? Exercise in the Morning, Mischa the Gold Prospector)

I still can't believe it and it's been almost 6 months! I already get sad thinking about leaving her and going back to work (and that's still six months away!).

Anyhow, to her most recent milestone (this week, actually) - sleeping through the night! On Monday night she surprised us by sleeping for 11 hours! She didn't get up at her usual 4am wake up to eat, but instead slept right through until 7am. What a champ! (I, in turn, got 7 hours of sleep which has not happened since before she was born). I attribute this new ability to her starting solids a couple of weeks ago. She loves her oat cereal! Banana and green beans not so much (I figure since she scrunches up her little face and eyes as if to say "uh, this tastes weird"); but if it's mixed with her oats she doesn't really notice.

*Sigh*

Our little girl is growing too fast!

No comments: