11.06.2007

Hate it, hate it, hate it!!!

TRAFFIC. I hate traffic. I hate traffic that makes what would normally be a 15 minute drive take ONE HOUR. I had to work in Fraser Heights today and crossing the overpass was a NIGHTMARE. I was literally yelling in my car at how terrible the traffic was. TERRIBLE. After waiting 40 minutes to cross a dumb overpass because traffic going West to Vancouver is just so unbelievable that it affects people who aren't even going in that direction, I hit traffic IN Fraser Heights!!! I arrived just 5 minutes before the bell went. I hate when I'm late (and I have never been, thankfully) but today was too close of a call. I always arrive at least 20 minutes early so that I'm prepared for the day, especially if the teacher hasn't left a lesson plan. Today I even left earlier than normal because I knew that there would be traffic, but little did I know just HOW MUCH there would be because traffic lights in this city are STUPID and whoever controls them is an IDIOT. There are no left turn signals when there should be at busy intersections. That is my biggest pet peeve. I also don't know why the city does construction on major streets during rush hour. What in the world are they thinking? How stupid is that? Arrrrgh. I'm still pretty pissed off.

Anyway, so my day didn't start off too well and as a result my first block was a little sloppy. It's a Spanish teacher that I subbed for today (and have subbed for a few times in the past) and I usually prep myself when I arrive early. I didn't have that luxury today. Thankfully I had a prep second block and was able to sufficiently prepare myself for the last two blocks. I love Spanish! It's a lot different from teaching English because it's not literature that's being taught but the technical aspects of the language. It's fun being requested for a Spanish class and I'm thankful that I was able to retain almost everything I learned in high school and university. I think I might go back to school and upgrade my Spanish courses so that I can be certified to teach it in addition to English.

It's unbearably gloomy outside. Rain, rain, rain. I don't know when it'll ever go away. Probably not until next May! That's Vancouver for you.

No comments: