11.07.2007

Forgive me for my blunt, thoughtless remarks in my last blog. Frustration sometimes gets the best of me and I forget about perspective and what the Lord may be teaching me in the different predicaments I find myself in. Traffic = developing patience. Although, I contend that it was still quite ridiculous that it took me one hour to get to Fraser Heights. And I also contend that traffic light operators don't always pay attention to what's happening. Or perhaps they have no control and its the city that's screwing us all over. Just kidding. Okay, moving on.

I had a pretty chill day. I subbed for one of my school advisors who took the day off to supervise his daughter's preschool with his wife. His kids are super cute! They are halfies (Chinese/White) and so adorable! He has tons of pics of them around his desk. During my practicum last April his second daughter was born so it was cool to see how big she has grown since then. Anyway, the day was pretty straightforward and didn't require too much effort on my part so I got to relax. Being in different classrooms everyday has given me ideas on how I want my future classroom to look like. I actually taught for a teacher who set up her classroom in a way similar to what I want to have. As soon as I walked into her class (she's an English teacher like me) I felt the vibes she was trying to impart: inspiration, warmth, care, fun, optimism. She had a lot of windows and a nice view of the neighborhood. Around the walls of the room were random quotes, visuals, and collages about success in education, goalsetting, teamwork, acceptance, life, dreams, etc. It was definitely the most positive looking classroom I've ever been in. I can't wait for the freedom to be creative in the way I desire students to view education and life. Decorating my room is one thing I definitely look forward to and will take time doing. I am also definitely going to have a portable heater. I hate when classroom's are cold!

Tomorrow Dale and I are going out for dinner and watching the hockey game with a couple friend of ours (they're just dating). We've been praying for the opportunity to spend time getting to know these two because we've been asking the Lord to use us to minister to people as a couple. He's a Christian and attends our church but hasn't been coming lately and she's not yet a Christian. I know that he's been going through a lot of things lately, despite his "I'm doing great" response to my question of "How are you, really?" He used to help me with the youth but stopped going a couple of months ago so we are "close" to some degree, I guess. She has come to church a few times and I know she has heard the gospel truth but I don't think has had the opportunity to talk about her experience at church with anyone. I'm looking forward to our time and praying for wisdom and boldness in our conversations with one another. I know that God is at work and will reveal Himself clearly to both of them in His timing. I also know that if it's God's will, the Canucks can beat the flames ;P We'll just have to wait and see. I'm not a huge hockey fan but it does help if they can win a few games. (No disrespect to all you real fans!)

No comments: