3.26.2014

Oh wow. It's 2014!

Hi, old friend. The last time I wrote, 2013 was just beginning. Today, 2014 is well underway. It is cliche, but so undeniably true: time flies! Almost always it's ahead of us, up up and out of our reach; but those precious moments we cherish - by pausing and taking in with all that we are the sight and sounds and, most importantly, the people - somehow make time stand still, even for a second. It's formally Spring time in Calgary (I am on Spring Break) but old man winter just can't take a hint! The weather is dismal, depressing, and COLD. I find myself with time on my hands this afternoon not only because it's Spring Break but also because my dear hubby and daughter are away on trip to the United States to attend a wedding and a reunion. Why am I not with them? Long story short, I'm 34 weeks preggers and couldn't find travel insurance to cover me fully if I went into preterm labour. So, I am alone for a week in a quiet house and although I know many of you moms would tell me that is the greatest predicament to be in, I miss them so much. Maybe the weather has something to do with it, and also the fact that I only have a handful of weeks left with one child before another appears and life changes all over again. It's probably the hormones, too. Regardless, here I am, typing a post more than a year later.

No comments: