1.04.2011

Routine

It isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm glad to be back at work simply because I'm back to a regular routine of things, something I actually quite missed during the holidays. It's not always the most beneficial thing to "let yourself go" completely when you have a change in schedule (like when on vacation) because you may regret it later. Especially when you're pregnant, like me. I gained about 5 lbs in 9 days while in Vancouver. Seeing as it is highly impossible I will lose that weight in the next 3 months, I am determined to not gain any weight other than whatever the baby should gain in the next month or so. Here's hoping!

On the contrary, with routine comes the return of busyness which I am equally determined to avoid in the next three and a half months. And with busyness comes sin of omission and putting quality time with God on the back burner in favor of more immediate tasks (or even tasks that aren't so necessary). I'm taking one day at a time, slowing down my pace, quieting my heart (even for a moment) throughout the day just to pray, and committing myself to spending time in the Word or reading the words of those inspired by the Word before I go to bed. You should too. It will make a world of difference in the regular routine of your day.

That being said, time to get ready for bed!

No comments: