6.25.2008

Trust Lesson (Part 2)

Dale and I have been praying every night for the past week and a half about the present/future plans that we have and are making. One in particular has been my job (as reflected in my blog 3 or 4 posts previous). I was not worried that I wouldn't have work in September because I know that God will provide. Rather, it was the anxiety of the possibility of having to wait the entire summer to find out (and being directionless in planning), especially when my colleagues in the same boat were offered positions at the school. I admit, I got frustrated, disappointed, down on myself, but at the end of the day gave it up to God in faith and with trust. Well, to be plain: I'm staying at the school for (God willing) the next school year. I say "God willing" because, as always, God is telling me that by not working things out completely (for the sake of detailed elaboration, I'll just say it's not completely stable), I need to TRUST Him. That's really all I can do (really; the system is so crappy here!) So that's what we're going to do. It is a faith-stretching experience when things don't 'fall into place', but perhaps that's the point God is making when He doesn't allow the pieces of the puzzle to fit together right away. If He did, there really wouldn't be any incentive to trust Him, would there? Or seek Him. Or persevere in our faith and hope in God. On a larger scale, that can be attributed to many of our unanswered questions, hardship and trials that we experience daily. How are you doing with putting your trust in God?

In a way, I am glad for the uncertainty because I know that the Lord is sharpening me.

Now I gotta do real work at work ;P

No comments: