4.21.2008

I'm trying to remember...

what I was like in 10th grade? Was I as annoying as the Grade 10s that I teach are? Was I as unmotivated and as lazy as the majority of my class is? Were the boys then as obnoxious as they are now? (...Probably.) My 10s are beginning to frustrate me!

Some recent asides:

I love Pancakes. (Not the food, although I like them a lot, but my parents' doggy. She's so cute. She's sleeping beside me as I type, making little doggy involuntary movements and noises. I wonder what she's dreaming about).

Speaking of dreams, I had a bad dream last night. I dreamt that my sister (travelling in Asia right now) got hit by a bus and died. I woke up not remembering my dream right away, but feeling a sense of sadness that something bad had happened. I prayed for her right away. I hope she's doing okay.

My cousin Simon passed away on Saturday. He had been fighting an ongoing battle with leukemia and that coupled with his down syndrome complicated most of his young (12 years) life. Our family had been preparing for his passing for a couple months now because his condition was already starting to get worse last month. God finally decided to end his physical suffering and take him home to be with Him.

Dale has been in BC since Saturday. His lola passed away last week so he flew to Vancouver for her funeral. He's coming back tomorrow night. I know this sounds cliche, but it's true when they say "you don't know what you've got til it's gone". He's only been gone 3 days but I miss him so much! Since moving here and getting settled, we've only really been around and hung out with each other (aside from my family) and when he left I really felt an emptiness and loneliness. Cheesy I know. But he really does complete me.

I'm really cold right now. The house is cold and Calgary is freezing! It's Christmastime in April! =P

1 comment:

Rach said...

did dale arrive in bc last sat, april 19th? if yes, then i TOTALLY SAW HIM get off the plane i boarded. i was thinking "why would dale return so fast?" you know?

how are you deeds!

Rach