6.04.2007

life accordingly



i've decided to begin a new blog to commemorate the next chapter of my life on this earth.

fyi: deenote is a derivation of "denote" and a play on my name and the definition.

de·note
1. to be a mark or sign of; indicate
2. to be a name or designation for; mean.
3. to represent by a symbol; stand as a symbol for

i denote much more than just "me"; my calling in life (as a professional but most especially as a child of the King) demands i live a denotable life. a life that is a sign of, that indicates, and that represents the One who is love, who loved the world, and who desires to love people back to Himself. when it comes down to it, everyone (students, parents, colleagues, friends, spouses, etc.) desires to be loved (it is, essentially, one of the basic needs in life), and only Christ's love is sufficient to fill the deep void that lies within mankind. i am an instrument of that love, and all that i say and do must denote His love.

easier said than done, i know. but as i have been constantly pondering the ways in which my identity in Christ must influence my practice as a professional, my role as a wife, sister, friend, daughter, youth worker, worship leader, this conviction of love is loud and clear.

No comments: