1.19.2011

Ode to Insecurity (and I digress)

Insecurity, my long time foe:
It's been a while since that time I said no
to you. I've kept my distance and closed my thoughts
but now, vulnerable, I've unabashedly let you wrought
your need for control, your sly demeanor
your waste of time, and your 'compare yourself' endeavors
to render me stricken with stupid and ridiculous thoughts
like "What if," "How come," "It's not fair" dot, dot, dot.

You really are a waste of time
yet you know when to show up and how long to linger until I whine
that life's not fair and it sucks to be me;
I'm sinking again in a whirlpool of doubt and it's hard to see
that faith is the answer that dispels you, insecurity.
I know this as a fact, I've experienced what it's like to be free;
but I'm struggling again to fight for this reality.

God, help me - please - to remember that in you
I am secure, have peace, am loved, and am being made new.

No comments: