3.09.2008

Down memory lane ... http://www.xanga.com/mizzd

Wow, 3 posts in one day. That is downright illegal. But I just had to write this one.

I'm being washed over by tidal waves of nostalgia as I read through my old blog on xanga. It's crazy how long I was a faithful blogger for. Like 5 years! I can't believe how much I wrote, and how often. I was a bit wordy at times, hehe. I think I still am ;P I wrote a lot while I lived in Edmonton. Maybe I'll pick up that streak again when we move to Calgary? Something about living in Alberta... What I'm finding to be really interesting about delving into the past through my blog is knowing that that was me, but a younger me, in a whole set of circumstances different from where I am today. Past circumstances that preceded those in my present and that wrought in me a character that would build into the person I am today. What is encouraging to me as I read is seeing how the Lord was so real to me in the circumstances that I faced, as I blogged about it so freely. Whether it be the pressure of finals, challenging courses, ministry, sibling rivalry, my keyloid! (Kelly!), boyfriend issues, you name it! This week in our women's study Believing God, we learned about the power of memory and how God often acts on what He remembers, and how we are likely to do the same (more so with bad memories than good do we act upon). When I read through my old blogs and see how God was at work in my life back then, I remember His faithfulness and that gives me hope to continue forward in my faith knowing that as sure as God was faithful then, He will be faithful now and in the future. I can count on it. Glory to Him!

I'm having so much fun! I highly suggest all you bloggers read through your past blogs and see how you've changed since then, what you've learned, and how your life has unraveled and God has been there all along.

For some strange reason, I feel less scholarly and less eloquent with words now than I did back then. Haha. Maybe because I was in the prime of my university days surrounded by intellects and academics hungry for more education, bigger words, bright ideas, bigger bank accounts, a bunch of letters beside their name.

Now I spend my days with a bunch of teenagers. They keep me on my feet!

--

In order to arrive at what you are not
You must go through the way in which you are not.

T.S. Eliot

--

Endpic:

Speaking of KELLY.



A reminder of His miracle.

No comments: